- Prague, different locations
U11 – Tempo, see map here
U13 – Troja, see map here
- U15 – Krč, see map here
- August 30th till September 2nd 2018. Organizers are planning to start on Thursday afternoon.
- U11 (born January 1st 2007 till December 31st 2009)
U13 (born January 1st 2005 till December 31st 2007)
- U15 (born January 1st 2003 till December 31st 2005)
Organizers have the right to accept an exception in necessary cases.
- Number of teams:
- 8 – 12 teams per category
- Starting fee:
- 3 500 CZK or 140 Euro. Transfer both until April 30th 2018. In case of missing pay date, teams on waiting list will be in tournament instead.
- Guarantee organizers. Official balls SSK GM
- Guarantee organizers
- Tournament system:
- 4 games in 3 days system, 5 games in 4 days system guaranteed by organizers.
Concrete tournament system will be sent by organizers after the registrations will close.
- Game limitation:
- U11 – game duration 90 minutes or 6 innings, mercy rule 10 runs difference after 4 innings, 15 runs difference after 3 innings, 20 runs after 2 innings. Final game is played without time limit on 6 innings
U13 – game duration 105 minutes or 7 innings, mercy rule 10 runs difference after 5 innings, 15 runs difference after 4 innings, 20 runs after 3 innings. Final game is played without time limit on 7 innings
- U15 – game duration 120 minutes or 7 innings, mercy rule 10 runs difference after 5 innings, 15 runs difference after 4 innings, 20 runs after 3 innings. Final game is played without time limit on 7 innings
If full inning is finished (top + bottom) and there is less then 5 minutes until the time limit, the game is over.
If the home team is in lead during the bottom of inning and the time limit is over, then is the home team
declared a winner and the game is over. If the home team is in lead in last inning, there is no bottom of the last inning and home team is declared a winner.
In the case, there is a draw after all innings were played, o after the time limit, the „tiebreaker” rule comes into force. „Tiebreake“ is played by official czech rules. (Runners ale placed on first and second base with no outs. The order of any subsequent innings will be determined by how the previous inning ended. That is, if the 7th inning ends with the #6 hitter having the last official at bat, then the 8th inning begins the #7 hitter at bat, and the #5 hitter at 2B and the #6 hitter at first base. All other rules of baseball will remain in effect).
- Pitchers limitations:
- Pitcher is able to finish batter in the box over his daily limit. Pitcher can start only in one game per day. His pitches over daily limit will be counted in his tournament limit. Pitcher with pitches over daily limit by finishing batter is able to pitch next day. Only fastballs and changeups are allowed in U11 and U13 categories. Other pitch will be called as “ball” by the umpire. All types of pitches are allowed only in U15 category.
– tournament limit 130 pitches
– day limit 80 pitches
– 20 pitches, pitcher can pitch next day
– 30 pitches, pitcher has one day rest
– 45 pitches, pitcher has two days rest
– tournament limit 140 pitches
– day limit 90 pitches
– 25 pitches, pitcher can pitch next day
– 35 pitches, pitcher has one day rest
– 50 pitches. pitcher has two days rest
– tournament limit 155 pitches
– day limit 95 pitches
– 30 pitches, pitcher can pitch next da
– 45 pitches, pitcher has one day rest
– 60 pitches, pitcher has two days rest
- Catcher limitation:
- Catcher cannot switch to pitcher in the same game. Pitcher cannot switch to catcher in the same game.
- Bats limitations:
- Only in U15 category are big barrel bats allowed. U11 and U13 only bats approved by Czech Baseball Asociation – no big barrels for U11 and U13.
- Dropped third strike:
- Dropped third strike does not mean automatic out. Defense must play a force play,
unless there is runner on first with less than 2 outs.
- Organizers will provide list of possible places to stay and help teams communicate with hotels and hostels.
- Organizers will help teams with meal arrangement during tournament.
- Michal Hanuš – email@example.com – +420 606 629 342
Matouš Procházka – firstname.lastname@example.org – +420 725 772 113
- Registration date:
- 1.5.2018 or until reaching tournament’s limit
- Awards and ceremony:
- All teams in each category will be awarded by trophy; winner of each category will get special trophy for additional 12 months with team name and roster memory label on trophy. The best hitter, pitcher and MVP in each category will be awarded.
Award ceremony on Sunday early afternoon is obligatory for the best four teams in each category!